I heard from other friends that if you are planning on getting their ears pierced, it's best to do them really early (at 2 or 3 months) or you should wait until they are a lot older (like 6 or 7) so they don't fiddle around w/the earrings or else the piercings will more likely get infected!
So - since Edyn had her 2-month appointment on Friday (May 7) and had her shots, I made an appointment for her to get her ears pierced the next day. I did quite a bit of research and asking around to see where to go. I ended up going to ANUDU in Boone. I called them to make sure they do infant piercings and I was told they have done quite a few.
So on Saturday, May 8 at 10AM we went to ANUDU to get Edyn's ears pierced. They had 3 different earrings to choose and I chose the diamonds for her! Once they were ready, Edyn and I sat in the chair, then they needed to mark her ears on where the piercings would go. This took awhile. The girls wanted to get it just perfect! One of the girls told me Edyn had good ears for piercing b/c she had a natural crease where they should go! Once the ears were marked, I held Edyn facing out - I tried to have her keep her pacifier in, but she wouldn't b/c she didn't need it during that time. Then there was one girl on each side and they said 1, 2, ready - and when they were both ready, one of the girls said 'go' and the piercings were in!
It's nice that they do both ears at the same time, that way it's just a one-time deal. It's just like getting her shots. Edyn cried for literally one minute - about the same as her shots, and then she was fine!
After we left, we headed to DSM for Crystal's baby shower! It was fun showing everyone Edyn's newly accessorized ears! I even told Hannah that Edyn has pretty ears like she does!
If you live in the Boone area and want to get your girl's ears pierced, I recommend going to ANUDU. They are super-nice and the piercing (which is free), the earrings and the cleaning gel was only $13! I guess it's less expensive when you go to a local place instead of chain store in a mall! :D
Just arrived at the salon
(It was super-cold! I'm so glad I bought the adorable coat and hat at Sarah's garage sale!)
Right afterwards
No earrings (at her doctor's appointment the day before)

Earrings!
Pretty Ears!


1 comment:
i really want to get penelope's ears pierced early on as well - i just love little girls with earrings!!
Post a Comment