Saturday, May 15, 2010

18 Months Old!

Mr. Strummer is growing so quickly! I can't believe he's already 1-1/2 years old! He seems to do new things every day and becomes more independent everyday. All though he still loves snuggle time! He's now 33 inches tall and 28 lbs. Big Boy! :P You can be assured I have extreme bicep strength when I have to carry him in one arm and Edyn in her car seat in the other! hee-hee-hee

At his appointment they did something new that I wasn't ready for! They weighed and measured him in the hallway instead of in the room! If I would have known that, I would have taken my camera out for his first experience being weighed on the big scale and being measured with the height adjuster!

He says a lot more things that you can actually recognize! He apparently also said his first sentence during Easter. I unfortunately didn't hear it, but he said it 2 times! Once Brad heard it then Sara heard it. He said "I Love My Momma"!

As far as starting to potty train, he knows what the potty is, he knows what he is suppose to do on the potty, he just hasn't done it yet. We're not forcing him, it'll just be a gradual learning experience. It was pretty funny one time. I found a Elmo Learns to Go Potty video on You Tube. We watched it and when it was over, Strummer ran into the bathroom, grabbed his potty seat, put it on the potty and took his step stool so he could 'go on the potty' :D

He has learned how to wash his hands in the sink. He is also getting better at using silverware, but still prefers his hands. I'm sure there are more new things he has learned, but I can't think of them right now.

Strummer loves being outside! I think he would play all day if he could. He loves going to the park and running around the jungle gyms! He also just doesn't walk, he usually RUNS everywhere!

He's also started to show a sign of the 'terrible 2s' already. If he doesn't want to do something or if we tell him no to something he wants, he lets you know how he feels about it! We've seen a few tantrums already. Not extreme, but lets just hope it doesn't get worse! I guess it just comes with the age! He'll have to learn about a 'time-out'!


Overall, he's our sweet, easygoing, lovable little man, that is usually full of smiles and giggles! :o)



72% for height


77% for weight



Sliding down the slide at the 'Fish Park'


Running across the field at Page Elementary Playground



Being his goofy self!

No comments: