Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's been 1 whole week...

...Since I've been w/out my wonderful MacBook Pro. I have first and foremost to not have a mug of water (w/a lid) around my computer unless I'm right next to it.
While I was feeding Edyn, Strummer found my water mug, lifted the tab to take a drink and my computer took in the water instead of my wonderful - had no idea what he was doing - 17 month old toddler. Before I could do anything it was to late!

I took it into Heartland Technologies after I talked to my insurance company. I wasn't sure if it would be covered, even though we did have it listed on our homeowners policy. Thankfully they called back saying my computer would be covered! Woo-Hoo!

After I heard back from Heartland Tech, I again called my insurance company. They then caLled the tech guy to figure out what to do. Since it was either a minor repair or it could possibly be a major mess to fix. So I'm waiting to see of it's a repair or replace. I am still waiting on the decision. All though on Friday, my dad did say he saw they were working on my claim.

Being one who is on my computer daily, it's been quite strange. Sure I could go on Brad's desktop, but then I would have to go to the basement and could really only do that when both kids are sleeping. Thankfully I have my BlackBerry to help 'keep in contact' w/everybody. I just might go nuts if I wouldn't be able to check my email or FB (I know, totally sad)

My main concern if it is a replace ordeal, they can retrieve aLl my photos and design files! I have also realized I really need to invest in an external hard drive so I can back everything up!

That's all for now! It sure was interesting typing everything on my BB! So if there are mistakes throughout the post...SORRY! :D
Have a fabulouso day!

No comments: