Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Can Do It All By Myself

Mr. Strummer has become Mr. Independent! Even more so after his sister arrived. So - here is a list of things he does himself (and gets upset if you help him and he doesn't want help!)

*Going Up The Stairs ~ Using a banister or someone's hand

*Going Down the Stairs ~ Using a banister or someone's hand

*Walking behind or ahead of us on his own - or using his monkey backpack

*Walking to the door from the Y parking lot

*Walking to and from the car ~ at home and non-busy parking lots (like the Y)

*Turning on (and off) the CD player, DVD player and TV

*Getting sister's pacifier, blanket and other things she may need

*Throwing sister's diaper in the diaper champ

*Brushing his teeth and hair

*Putting his toys away

*Getting up and down on chairs, couches, strollers and the piano bench to sit

*Sliding down the slides

*Opening doors he can reach

*Closing all doors, cupboards and anything else that needs to be closed

*Getting his potty seat and step stool to 'go potty' - and no, he's not potty-trained, but he at least knows what to do when he gets into the bathroom!

***I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them right now***
***Pictures to follow in another post - I haven't uploaded all the pics yet***


No comments: