Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy 4th of July!






These are just a few photos that I took. Click on the title of the post and you can see my album on facebook for our time in Okoboji.


Yes, Some day I will post things right after they happen, but until then, it's going to be after-the-fact (i really think it should be a goal of mine!)

So for the weekend of the 4th, we went to Okoboji and spent time w/my parents, Sara and Scott. It was a lot of fun, however, slightly chilly, but that didn't stop us from going out on the boat a couple times! Strummer had lots of firsts, he went to his first fishing store, he had his first meal of Mexican food, he had his first boat ride (which he seemed to like, he didn't cry), his first fireworks display (all though he was asleep) and his first time getting a bath in the big tub!

It was a lot of fun being able to chill w/part of our family. We even saw our cousins (well my mom's cousin) who happen to live in the same condo complex as my parents. So that was pretty cool!

Friday evening we had a double date w/the Lockard's. We strolled around Arnold's Park, looked for a coffee shop (all though, they were all closed) and went to the Barefoot Bar. All though it was kinda misting. It was still fun! However, was not happy that apparently since it's an 'outdoor' restaurant people were allowed to smoke...boo!!! The next day I did see they have a section that's closer to the restaurant area where smoking was not allowed. So I guess that's a plus. Oh and I bought Strummer a Barefoot Bar T-shirt!

Saturday we spent the day going boating, touring around Okoboji area and then going to the fireworks out on the lake. That was also lots of fun! Especially watching the fireworks over the water. Of course it started getting 'nice' as the sun was going down, but at least it was good weather for the fireworks! After that we headed back to Algona...arrived around midnight.

On Sunday, Sara, Brad and I did a few duets. One as a special (Sara and I sang and Brad played guitar) the other as the offertory. Which Mike Rusch came and sang w/us for that one. I haven't sang in front a large group of people probably since HS when my sisters and I sang as a trio. It was nice 'getting back on stage' with a/mic! Obviously, I'm very used to being on stage, but not using my voice! hee-hee-hee!
We also had Strummer dedicated at my home church. My parent's were not able to make it to his dedication at Cornerstone in November, so we wanted to do one at FBC. Plus it's where I grew up and where Brad and I got married. So that was really cool (PS - thanks for doing that Pastor Kevin)

After the dedication I took Strummer into the nursery. It was very strange having him during the first part of the service since he's in the nursery from the beginning at Cornerstone. He did really well. Started 'singing' during the songs, then during our first special we gave him to Uncle Scott and he took a little snooze! (Good job Scott). So anyways, when I got to the nursery area I saw Rich and Randi Black were in charge! I was so excited! Rich and Randi have known me since I was really little!!! They loved having Strummer there and was impressed w/everything he does! I told them Evan (their adorable grandson) will be doing all those things before you know it! Strummer also made a new friend, Will Limbaugh. He just turned a year old. I'm sure they will be good buddies next time we head to FBC.

Bradley and Era were also nice enough to drive ALL THE WAY from Omaha on Sunday morning to make it for the 10:30 service! I was very appreciative of that (thanks guys!). Then after church we went to Godfather's. It was Strummer's first time there and he had some taco pizza! Just like what mommy and daddy had on our first date!

We then went back to my parent's house then later when everyone got back, Strummer, my sisters, mom and I went to the CC pool. It was a BLAST! I was so happy for Strummer to 'go swimming' w/my sisters! With Era being a former lifegaurd and Sara a PT, he was in good hands!

It was a very fun and long weekend! I was so happy to hang w/my family (all though, we were missing Mike, Crystal, Hannah and Ian). It will be fun going up to Okoboji every 4th of July!!!


Strummer's Dedication. PS - it's small and grainy b/c I forgot I still had it on the compact mode setting. Thanks for taking the video and pics Sare! :D

No comments: