Yesterday we had a spring winter storm! Here in Iowa, weather is strange and sometimes these weird events happen! Brad and I both played at church (actually, they ended up canceling the gym services, so just Brad played). Anyhoos, Saturday night I told Brad we needed to ride together, because there was no way I was going to drive back home after church if we were suppose to receive what we were told that we were going to get. Unfortunately, the weather people WERE right w/this one! So, during the morning while we were at church, first there was freezing rain, then slush, then the snow started...and kept going and going and going. By the time we left which was a little before 1 it had pretty much stopped. Thank goodness! All though, during the process, the roads were HORRIBLE! They ended up having to close I-35 from Story county to Hwy 20 b/c of semis that had jack-knifed. Thankfully by the time we got back on road, Hwy 30 was pretty clear. (it also helped we were following a snow plow!) However, on our way home (which is about a 20 mile stretch) we saw 15 cars in the ditch! At least no one had a major accident!
Boone received 6-1/2 inches of snow! UGG! Now need I remind you that snow has been completely gone for over a month! However, I'm sure it will all be melted w/in a week, because the temps are suppose to be back in the 50s and 60s starting tomorrow. Again, crazy weather! Of course, my husband was THRILLED having snow again. He likes winter :P
Here are some pics!!!
Close up of what I shoveled. It was HEAVY b/c the bottom layer was of a slush/ice mix.
Which is why it came off the shovel as chunks!
Back inside
(just wanted to throw in a photo of him sitting on his own! hee-hee-hee)
No comments:
Post a Comment