Friday, April 17, 2009

Strummer's First Easter











We headed to Omaha for Easter this year! It was hosted by the beautiful, talented, overly awesome Jensen's! (AKA - my sister Erika and her hubby Brad!)

It was Strummer's first time visiting Omaha! So he had fun exploring the Jensen household! (Okay, technically, he had been to Omaha, he just didn't see it...hee-hee-heee)

We had lots of fun spending time with family and celebrating Christ's resurrection! (Which is what Easter is all about, not bunnies, candy and eggs) 

Sunday we met mom and dad at church. Our family as well as Scott and Sara all stayed w/the Jensen's Saturday night, so we all headed to church together (just in separate cars, to many people for 1 car!)  This was Strummer's 2nd ever church service. His first was Christmas eve at my parent's church and he was only 2 months then, however at nearly 6 months, I wasn't sure how he would act during the entire service (which, was pretty long!). He actually did fairly well. I was very proud of him! He hung out w/Grandpa, then Grandma, then Aunt Era. Grandma gave him a bottle that I had made up 'cause I KNEW he would be HUNGRY! He even played w/one of his books, then towards the end he started getting, well, vocal. So he was passed back to me. 'Cause he kept on 'talking'. I think people around us thought it was cute, b/c they kept on looking back and smiling. Nevertheless, I headed to to the back of the room so he wouldn't be as distracting! 

When we arrived back at the house, Mike, Crystal, Hannah and Ian were waiting for us! So everyone went inside, and while lunch was being prepared, (we had a BBQ-style meal) the eggs were hidden for the kids to find. Hannah and Ian love finding the eggs. I'm sure Strummer will have lots of fun w/it next year! He was just a bit to little to enjoy the festivities! 

Lunch was super yummy! Then afterwards, we had dessert. Erika made a Peanut Pie for my dad's b-day and a cookie tower for my brother's b-day! Both equally delicious!!! As Usual! (Fab Job Era!)

Strummer even ate some food! Crystal blended up some leftover sweet potatoes and she and my mom fed Strummer! He really liked it! Plus, it was a bit more chunky then his usual baby food, but he still loved it (And - it was less messy!)  Then during dessert time, he had a few small bites of some homemade whipped cream from the pie. 

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend w/the family! I always love when we are able to all get together! Love You Guys!!!


No comments: