Monday, May 9, 2011

What Edyn Can do at 1 YEAR OLD!


***Yes, Edyn is 14 months old today - and Yes, I am FINALLY finishing her 1-year post***
(I wrote most of this at end of March) 

Here is a rundown of all of Edyn's Accomplishments in the past year!! 
It's so true the kids grow up so fast!


What She Can Say
She's super-duper talk-a-tive! I think it helps that Edyn has a non-stop talking brother! 
*Mama
*Dada
*Bo (Brother)
*Osco (Bosco - our dog)
*Hi
*Hey
*Thank You
*Uh-Oh
*Wow
*Crack-Crack (Cracker)
*Nilk (Milk)


Words She Understands
*Edyn
*Strummer
*Brother
*Mommy
*Daddy
*Bosco
*Food
*More
*No
*Eat
*Drink
*All Done
*Hi/Bye
*Mindy
*Jim
*Mischa



Signing
I've been working on it with her.  However, I wasn't heavily using it like I did for her brother.  So, she really doesn't sign anything yet.  


FOOD!
She may be tiny and she may not have any teeth, but Edyn LOVES to eat! She tries to eat just about everything. She eats just about anything we give her.  Including onions, jalepanos, tomatos, peaches, triscuits, bread (she LOVES 100% whole wheat bread), mini wheats, cheese, the list goes on...
There are a few things she doesn't eat to often: She does not like eating bananas unless they are completely mushed up.  She refused to eat them whole. 
We're (I'm) limiting her on the sweets that she eats.  She will get chocolate or some other type of sweet on a VERY limited basis.  I also rarely give her juice.  After learning with Strummer on how much he LOVES juice (and thinking back to how much I gave it to him), I decided for Edyn that she will get juice on more of a special occasion basis. I'm hoping she won't have a juice-dependence a year from now! 


Mobility and Other Neat Things
*Crawling ~ 9 months
*Pull To Stand ~ 10 months
*Pushing objects and Walking ~ 10 months
*Climbing up the stairs - 12 month
*Standing On Own ~ 11 months
*Taking Steps ~ 12 months (1st week)
*Walking (Full Time) ~ 13 months (1st week)
*Standing up on her from sitting (w/out holding on to something) ~ 12 months 
*Waves
*High 5s
*Sticks out her tongue
*Claps 
*Does 'So Big'

Things She Uses
*Sippy Cups (only with a straw - rarely with anything else ) 
*Plates, Bowls
*Silverware - Sometimes
*Her thumb - typically when she's upset or super tired (it has been less and less as she gets older) 

Things She Loves!
*Her Family
*Bosco
*Books
*MUSIC 
~Edyn LOVES to groove and listen to music! 
~She'll also take notice of certain theme songs 
*Being outside
~All though, not a huge fan of the grass yet
*Playing piano
*'Playing' the guitar
*Taking photos (getting her pictures taken)
*Food



What She Is Wearing!
*12 month clothing - all though she can still fit into some 6-9, depending on the brand 
*Size 2 diapers - I had her in size 3 for a bit b/c that's what i had on hand and she SWAM in them :P 
*Accessories - headbands, barrettes, and hairbands for tiny pigtails and ponytails (started at 11 months) 


Other Fun Facts! 
She crawls like a crazy-girl, and will cruise about everywhere. If you hold onto a hand or if she's on a walking toy, she goes turbo-speed! She'll stand on her own for about 30 sec or so and has taken about 3 steps 4 different times. 

She LOVES to dance! If she hears music - no matter where it's from - tv, cd, phone, activity table she starts to dance! It's hilarious. There's an inner-groove in her! 


She loves to be have things organized.  She will pick up toys and will move objects from one storage basket to another.  Edyn also likes having things in a particular order! 
She hasn't started milk yet. I have her on the Enfa-Grow (stage 2) for extra nutrients. She doesn't have teeth yet, so I have gone all out on her eating EVERYTHING. All though, she does eat quite a bit. She gets upset if we're eating something and she's not. 

She likes being around people and likes getting her picture taken. I know, I have a diva-in-training. The last 2 times we have taken pics w/my friend Sarah (a professional) she turns on this 'mode'. As Sarah said, she has this 'it' factor. That she rarely see's w/all the kids she's photographed :P 


Teeth are there - somewhere, just not noticable quite yet! 


Incase you're curious, here's Strummer post of his 1-year accomplishments




Here are a few pics from her 1-year photo shoot by the fabulous Sarah Moore!


 





No comments: