With Edyn's upcoming 6-month birthday, it makes me amazed on how God is just wonderful and full of surprises! We went through 2 m/c with Strummer and it took us awhile to become pregnant with him. Then with Edyn - we weren't even planning on another child so quickly (since I was nursing and on birth control), but God decided that we could handle 2 kids under 2!
So last year in August, I had a strange intuition, that I might be pregnant. Strummer and I were heading up to Algona to help Erika at the fair and for Pharmacists Mutual big centennial celebration.
I somehow found a free moment, went and bought a test and it turned positive right away!! WOW! You could imagine, I was in shock...Brad was really in shock (o had to call him, since he was at school)!
I was able to get into the clinic the next day to confirm the at-home test. Yes indeedy - Grout Baby #2 was on the way! They then asked me when my last cycle was - I said December 2007 - so the nurse said "i guess you need an ultrasound done to find out how far you are!". YEP. A few days later, had a U/S done, found out I was already at 8 weeks! WHAT??
See how God is so awesome! Not only were we not expecting anything, I was already 1/2 way through my first trimester! And w/a U/S, we knew this little bean was alive, thriving and growing! So our worry factor was significantly decreased!
This is just a testament that God knows everything that you can handle and HE won't give you anything that you can't manage!
We thank HIM for HIS wonderful blessings that we have!
Leaving the hospital March 12, 2010
Day at the zoo September 5, 2010

1 comment:
homemade applesauce is SUPER easy!! i just peel and core a couple of apples, put them in a saucepan of water, and get the water boiling then turn it down to simmer for a bit. when the apples are soft, i just strain the water out and run the apples through the food processor! easy peasy. i just make a little at a time, although in the past i've done a bunch and then stuck it in 1-cup amounts in ziplocks in the freezer.
btw - is that a moby wrap you're wearing in your zoo picture? don't you just LOVE IT?!
Post a Comment