Sunday, January 17, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I am SO behind! Since I didn't make my goal of sending out Christmas Cards this year (really, I have had the goal the last few years....next year! I won't have a newborn and I won't be pregnant...so no excuses)

We had a great Christmas this year! It is so fun watching Strummer grow each year. What's kinda funny is we had a 2 month old last Christmas...now this year we have a 14 month old AND I was 7 months pregnant! :P

We had our first Family Christmas at home. So now we may try and do the same thing every year to start our family traditions. For Christmas Eve we made spicy little smokies, had tea biscuits and made punch. Then Christmas morning we opened presents and I made quiche. My first time EVER and Brad said it was the best he ever ate! We were going to make ham, cheesy taters, biscuits and veggies...however my father-in-law couldn't make it due to the weather, so that menu was moved to the Monday after Christmas. I also made everything myself this year! I'm so impressed w/my skills :D

We traveled to Mason City on the 26th and had Christmas w/Brad's mom, his sister Chrissy and her family and his brother Doug and Jean. It was a nice 2-day visit. I know Strummer and Bosco have fun b/c there are more people to play with!

Then on the 31st we headed to Lincoln for Christmas w/my family. Scott and Sara hosted everyone at their new house! It was great seeing my whole family and seeing where the Lockard's now live. We opened presents that night. Strummer was a bit more entertaining this year. While Hannah and Ian handed out presents, Strummer kinda followed them around, then when it was time to open one of his presents...he was just wanting to play w/that particular thing! So it took awhile to open everything. Edyn also received her first Christmas present from Uncle Mike and Aunt Crystal! Thanks guys!

We made kumlas for lunch Jan 1st. (We had a few 'hiccups' in the cooking process, but everything turned out swell!) It is a Berg family tradition to always make kumlas. When we were growing up we always made it Christmas Eve. It is a Norwegian dish, that is basically a potato dumpling and you eat it w/melted butter and ham! It's nice having a tradition that is based on some of my heritage. Strummer had his first taste of kumlas and I think he enjoyed it! (Well - his first time directly eating it, he indirectly ate it last year from nursing)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! It is a great time to spend w/your family and reflect on how lucky we are to have each other. Even more important it is a time to celebrate Christ's birth which is the reason for Christmas!


Christmas 2008


Christmas 2009.
I wasn't able to have Strummer sit or stand RIGHT in front of the tree.
However I think you can still compare on how much he has grown!

Opening his first present at home


(In Lincoln) Enjoying one of his new books from Uncle Brad and Aunt Era


Edyn's first Christmas present



No comments: