We had Berg Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. We had it at Mike and Crystal's house. It was lots of fun! We had some yummy food, spent time w/the whole family and had some surprising news! That was, Hannah is going to be a big sister again and Ian will be a big brother! That's right, the Urbandale Berg's are having a 3rd! Crystal is about 8 weeks behind me, she is due at the end of May! It will be fun having cousins the same age! Congrats again to my big brother and my lovely sister-in-law!
The following weekend, we packed the 4 (well 5) of us up and headed to Mason City for the weekend. It was nice seeing all of Brad's family (Kay, Chrissy and the kids, Doug and Jean) for the day. Bosco enjoyed having more people to play with...and I think so did Strummer :P Strummer really enjoyed getting into this old desk (which apparently, used to be Brad's) and color. It was so cute, but we had to keep a watch to make sure he didn't walk off the chair, and to be sure he climb down the correct way. He's so adventurous!
Even though there was a huge variety of food for Strummer to eat, he really didn't eat like his 'usual' self. The kid is cutting a bunch of teeth at once and wouldn't even touch the turkey! Poor guy!
The weekend of Thanksgiving after the family was ready to go, Brad and Strummer went home and I went up to Algona w/my parents, Jensen's and Lockard's! Since Brad had been gone, then was sick, he decided I needed a bit of a break! It was fun hanging w/my parents and sisters and spouses. The gang pretty much was at the store (The Chocolate Season and Bradley's Photography) working on laying flooring and painting. So I was able to just chill at my parents house for most of the weekend. I did run errands for my family while they were working and stopped by the store here and there. However, since they were doing lots of smelly work w/out ventilation, I pretty much stayed away. Plus, just being in there for a few minutes started giving me a headache! I feel bad I can't help, but have assured Era that I will be there to help organize things in the store and in their new house! It was nice having a little vacation, but was ready to head home on Sunday and see my boys! I did have one 'mommy-moment' that weekend. I was cutting a banana to having a peanut butter and banana toast (YUM). However, w/out even THINKING I started cutting the banana like I cut it for Strummer. As in, cutting down the middle and slicing. Whoops! hee-hee-heee! Thanks to my WONDERFUL hubby for letting me have a break!
Here are some pics from both family Thanksgivings.
His Thanksgiving meal..all though he looks more interested in the awesome placemat Hannah made.
I think he enjoyed his birthday cupcake that grandma helped him decorate
(all fall birthdays made cupcakes)
My beautiful mom and my beautiful sisters and at my parents house
Having fun w/Uncle Doug. Wee!!!
Having fun w/daddy!
So proud of himself coloring like a big boy in the desk!
No comments:
Post a Comment