We had to come up w/a first name that went w/the middle. Vernette was my mom's mom. She passed away in the summer of 1999. After she passed away, I KNEW I would name my first daughter after her. I was very close to her and wanted to have her remembered in some way. When we were growing up, she only lived a 1/2 hour away. I went to my grandparent's house A LOT especially after my sisters were born. After my grandpa passed away when I was 5, it was even more important to be w/my grandma since she was on her own. There are SO many good memories w/my grandma. Shopping, making apple pie, playing on the farm, watching Hee-Haw and Wheel of Fortune....I could go on and on! So anyhoos - that is why I wanted to use Vernette for my daughter's name.
We are looking forward to meeting her in 4 short months. We can't wait to see what she looks like, how she acts and bringing her up w/knowing God's Word. :o)
1 comment:
Love that she will have a name's sake! Eden is super beautiful too! Congrats on figuring it out soo soon! Nate and I never really agreed on a girl's name...
Post a Comment