Brad and I went to the ultrasound on October 30th. Even though we both got sick the night before w/some sort of 24-hour flu (bad timing), we were both feeling fairly good (at least, i stopped running to the bathroom that morning), so off we walked to the hospital at 2:30. Since I was sick, my mom had come down for the day, so she watched Strummer while we were gone.
I was worried that the baby wasn't going to be as cooperative (as in, not being very active). The only thing that I had in my system was propel water. That's the only thing that was staying down! (I didn't want to risk eating again until after the U/S.....just in case)
We finally were called by the tech and we went into the room. All though she wasn't as active as her brother was during his ultrasound, she was still cooperative. Thank goodness! The tech went over all the main areas and of course, left the gender portion til the very end. Once she said something about the bladder...I'm thinking...all right, she's close! Then she said, 'it's a girl!'
HURRAY!!
We would have been happy either way. As long as the baby was growing and healthy, that's all that mattered. However Brad and I were both overjoyed w/having a girl! We know Strummer is also extremely excited to have a little sister!
According to the U/S her heartbeat was at 148 and she weighed 11 oz (typically at 19 weeks, the baby weighs roughly 7 oz). Even though sometimes the weight isn't completely accurate, I still wasn't surprised that she was bigger than average. My thinking is she is going to be just like her big brother! (fun for me...hee-hee-hee)
We were also very happy to hear that she was growing and healthy. She is swallowing well, so she is able to get the nutrients she needs. Her lungs are good, her heart has 4-chambers and was beating like it should, her vocal chords are good, spinal chord is good, arms, legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and apparently the tech could tell she has very strong legs 'cause she kept on kicking...which she does often. I started feeling that (the hard kicking) 2 weeks ago!
Brad and I thought her profile looks a lot like Strummer's. The only difference we could see is her nose appears to be like my nose (strummer has brad's nose). In the pics it's kinda hard to tell, but it was fairly clear on screen.
We think we have her name picked out. The middle name if set, just making sure we are keeping w/the first name. Once we officially have the name, I'll let you know!
Here are some pics!
Baby Girl at 19 weeks

Strummer at 21 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment