Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary!



On August 27th Brad and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Way back when (okay, 6 years ago) we started dating on June 27, 2003, then engaged on March 27, 2004 and married on August 27th, 2004 (see how brad kept w/the '27' theme?)

So on our actual anniversary I decided to make lasagna since that is what Brad wanted for supper. So b/f Brad got home, Strummer and I went to the store to pick up the ingredients and other things we needed. Then when Brad got home, I realized I forgot some things we needed at home - something basic, so while I was finishing supper, Strummer and Brad went back to the store and came home w/flowers. There was one bunch from Brad and another bunch from Strummer (and if i knew the name of the flowers, I would tell you)

Friday we went out to eat. My parents came down for the afternoon/evening to spend time w/us and to watch Strummer while we went out to eat at The Olive Garden. We had a wonderful time on our own for a few hours and Strummer had fun w/Grandma and Grandpa. We had a good report saying they went on a walk, went to some garage sales and since Algona was playing Boone that night, they also walked to the HS since one of their friend's were there watching their son play in the 9th grade game. They apparently also ran into some of Brad's former co-workers at the gate b/c they saw Strummer and recognized him :D

Thanks to mom and dad for coming down! I really appreciate it!

If I had pics from the past 5 years I would post them, however, I have been having to put my old photos on DVDs since I'm running out of space on my computer.
I also don't have any pics from the evening, however I have a picture of my flowers!

Thanks to Brad for a wonderful 5 years! It's been an adventure of ups and downs. I can't wait to see for the future brings us! Love You!


No comments: