Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scott and Sara become the Slockard's!






2 weeks ago my little sister got married to Scott Lockard! Sara is the last of the Berg siblings to get married! So my parents had the 3 girls married w/in 5 years and Mike just celebrated his 9th wedding anniversary!

It was a beautiful wedding and fun weekend. The girls and I started it off on Friday heading into Okoboji for Sara's bachelorette party! It was fun hanging w/everyone....especially for me. B/C I really haven't had a real girl's night since Strummer has been born! So it's been a LONG time!
Our parents let us use their condo to stay at on Friday, so we were able to meet there then head 'out on the town'. We went to Tweeter's for supper. They were really busy so it took awhile, but their food was awesome! I had their buffalo chicken sandwich and it rocked! It was a broiled chicken dunked in the hot wing sauce! Yum-O! After we were all done eating we headed to The Ritz. There was a live band playing on the top deck so we hung out there for awhile. We even saw a large group of guys that were all from Algona. Some of which I went to HS with (all though they were a few years older). I don't think they recognized me, but I knew who they were :P. We also ran into Era's friend Tucker from HS! It's crazy how many Algona people we saw in Okoboji! We then headed back to the condo for some more fun and present opening! It was a great night!

Saturday we hung out at the pool, ate, then went to Algona for the rehearsal since The Inn was booked w/a wedding on sat, so they couldn't have the rehearsal there. After we went through everything we ate a fabulous meal that was made by the Lockard's! (Thanks Dave, Jochy and all your family). It was so-so good!!! Strummer even enjoyed it. I had in try some brisket the Dave made and he gobbled it up! (It's so handy he can feed himself now!)

Sunday was the wedding!!! We started the morning out at the salon and had our hair done. Then off the condo to get ready!!! I won't go into details, but the wedding was beautiful!! It was a perfect day for a wedding on the lake!

Now my sister is Mrs. Sara Lockard. Looks really strange to me right now :P
BTW - Someone in the wedding party came up w/their name being the Slockard's. Since it's Scott and Sara Lockard hee-hee-hee


For those not on facebook, here are the links to the albums
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014680&id=146101151&l=ecfb014238
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014683&id=146101151&l=30af362a93
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014676&id=146101151&l=0a3558f5fb



1 comment:

Erika said...

like the new wallpaper on the blog...great post and good recap of the day!! :)