Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today's The Day!

As I'm sitting at work writing this...I am 40 weeks, 3 days pregnant. I have my last doc appointment this morning and will be going in this evening to start the inducement!! It's crazy and how fast and yet how slow these last 9 months have been. So tomorrow Brad and I will be parents! With what we have been through in the last 2 years w/2 miscarriages, this pregnancy is extra-special knowing we have this special gift coming to us from God! We're excited to meet Strummer, learn how to become parents and bring him up in God's Glory.

This pass weekend was my 'last weekend' w/out responsibility, so I spent it w/my sisters and family! Erika came to DSM so Sara, Era and I were able to all hang out together and have sister time! Of course, we also spent some sister time w/Scott and that was fun! :D Friday eve we met my parents at Sara's apartment then headed to the Waukee HS and watch Hannah do her Jr. Color Gaurd. Totally adorable!!
Sat morning Sara and Era and I went on this long walk, 'cause it's good to walk and we were hoping it would help start labor...not so much. Even though I felt awful by the end of the walk, I was totally fine in a hour! So after that we went over to my brother's house to baby-sit Hannah and Ian. Mike & Crystal spend the afternoon going to lunch and movie so the 3 aunts came over to look after the little ones! Well - they really aren't so little anymore. Hannah just turned 6 and Ian will be 4 in a few months! It was a good time hanging out w/them! We even showed Hannah how to curl her lashes 'cause she was interested in what the eyelash curler was. She thought it was for cutting your lashes, so we showed her it is to curl the lashes! How adorable is that??
Later in the afternoon Scott came over to help us out (and to see Sare-Bear). He also has a niece and nephew the same ages as Hannah and Ian so he fits in quite well! During that afternoon I went onto Mike's computer to watch part of the football game. I'm so happy they are able to show home games online now!! It was Northwest Missouri State's homecoming weekend and I've gone down every year since I left...and obviously wasn't able to go down this year! However, was super excited to watch part of the game and then see they won 56-7!! Go Bearcats! They are currently the only team in their division conference undefeated! Woo-Hoos!!!

Then later that day we met my parents and my brother and his family at the hotel where they were staying so Hannah and Ian could go swimming! (they LOVE to swim). It was nice being w/my whole family for a little while before Strummer arrirves (well, except my own hubby, he was at home).

On Sunday, Sara ran the half-marathon in Des Moines and made it in a little under 2 hrs!! Congrats Sare-Bear!!

Here are a few pics for you to enjoy. I'm also posting links for a few photos albums on facebook. One is of my 2 baby showers the other is a link of pregnancy pics that a few of my friends took for me!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011485&l=47925&id=146101151

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011309&l=94d04&id=146101151

Also - set up a website just for Strummer through shutterfly. You'll be able to see pics of him and read about things going on.
http://strummerwilliam.shutterfly.com/
password: Strummer1008












3 comments:

Iowa State Fans said...

Brad congrats :) I happened upon your wife's facebook because I work with her friend Abby Brown at IPTV :) Small world. I am so happy for you! I hope things are working out in Grimes...I am sure you are MORE than happy AND I see you finished your master's degree! I bet you can't wait to hold that handsome little man. I shared your good news with laura Ballard so I am sure she will be following your family blog as well :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you guys! I know how much you've been through, so the birth of this precious little boy is even more special :)

Iowa State Fans said...

It was great to meet you too. Brad was one of my very favorite teachers to work with. Strummer is so adorable :) I LOVE the name!