I had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day!! I played at church over the weekend, so that was fun! On Mother's Day I woke up to get ready to leave for Cornerstone and Strummer was not up yet, so I was able to get ready w/out any interruptions! Finally when I was ready to go, it wasn't time to go yet, so I went to go check on Strummer since he still wasn't up and saw a card taped to his crib. There was a nice card inside from Brad, Strummer and Bosco. Attached to that was a gift card from Bella Salon and Day Spa! The info card had the package of a 60min Swedish massage, a mani and a pedi! I'm looking forward to having a few hours of relaxation! Plus w/my mom's gift to me of a 30 min facial from Innovations, I'm going to be a new and improved mommy! :P
When I arrived back from church, I saw the Brad had also cleaned the house! So that was also really nice!!! Strummer was very glad to see me though. He's been going through some attachment issues and is not a happy camper when I'm not around. Poor kid!
It is such an awesome gift from God to be a mom! I look forward to many more years of watching Strummer grow up and seeing how my mom's mothering skills were instilled in me to use w/our own kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment